Update on Richie

I am thrilled to report that Richie is doing great so far. He was moved out of the ICU on Saturday and he’s been up and walking around ever since. I worry that he’s moving too fast, but the doctors are extremely pleased. The whole experience has been surreal thus far, and we know there will inevitably be bumps along the road, but I can only hope that he continues to improve at the current pace. Thank you all so much for the amazing support and words of encouragement!

12 comments on “Update on Richie

1. Lauren says:

I’m a fellow outlander lover and so is my sister. She sent me a link to your hilarious jack o lantern commemorating Jamie’s rear assets from last year. I clicked over to your blog and was gifted with this post. I’m a trauma ICU nurse who often works at the other end of the organ transplant business. I get to help my patients’ families through the organ donation process when they come in with injuries too devastating to recover from. We spend hours and days stabilizing our patients, knowing that they are brain dead, to try and give them and their families the opportunity to make that gift. I helped with a total of three last weekend which included hearts, lungs, kidneys and livers. It can be a heart rending process that is made all the more harrowing due to the fact that we rarely get to see the results of our work. Thanks for a much needed personalization of the completed process!

2. Oh wow, thank you for such a powerful comment. I can’t even begin to fathom how to truly thank the nurses, doctors, surgeons and of course, the donor’s family, for everything they have done for my husband. It’s so hard to think that someone had to lose their life in order for Richie to continue his – such a generous gift. You are an amazing person for working to make this possible for other people.

3. Karen Henry says:

So glad to hear that! And congratulations on all the (well-deserved) praise for your hilarious EXILE pumpkin. It’s just as funny now as it was a year ago, and Diana clearly likes it a lot.

Karen

4. Rita says:

This is great news. We will continue to pray for Richie and the whole family.

5. Rinah Benoliel says:

I’m so, so happy for you and your husband. I wish him continued recovery and lots of positive thoughts to both of you.

Your fabulous pumpkin is shining again! Thanks for giving so many of us smiles and laughter. I hope you feel our support coming right back to you and your hubbie.

All my best wishes,

Rinah

6. JustHeather says:

Sending many positive thoughts for you and your family and continual recovery for your husband.

(I found my way here from Diana’s Halloween post. Thank you for the great art work!)

7. Bridget says:

I’m so happy he’s doing so well!!! You guys deserved a speedy recovery after everything leading up to the transplant. Just amazing! :))))

8. Marita says:

I`m glad it is going so well :-)

9. Olivia says:

Hello, My Outlander Purgatory linked me here. Just wanted to say, I’m so glad your husband is doing well. I’ll be sending you both many good thoughts/prayers!

Best wishes!
    Olivia

10. Jayne says:

I am so happy to hear that your husband came through the operation okay. I hope that he continues to do well and to make good progress. My husband, who is 20 years older than me, has two grandchildren who have CF. Still, I cannot imagine what you and your husband must be going through. I wish you both the very best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. An Outlander devotee, I know that you give so much joy through your blog. I sincerely hope that some of that positive energy makes its way back to you! Hugs to you both, and thanks for keeping us posted!!

11. ArizonaLisa says:

My very best to you and your husband. Courage! Love reading your blog. :)

12. Oh, such good news. Many many good thoughts to you both.