Skarsgard as Jamie Fraser? Yes, please!

If you are a fellow Outlander fan, you can probably relate when I say that it’s pretty hard to get a concrete idea in your head of what Jamie Fraser would look like. The closest I’ve ever come is Alexander Skarsgard. He’s got the slanted blue eyes, the height, and the Norse/Viking-esqe features that Diana Gabaldon describes, but I could never envision him with red hair. That being said, you can imagine my excitement when I opened an e-mail from Bridget this morning and found this:

Bridget, it took you long enough to hop onto my Jamie Fraser bandwagon, but I’m glad to see you are now fully aboard :)

31 comments on “Skarsgard as Jamie Fraser? Yes, please!

1. Bridget says:

Lol, on the bandwagon is an understatement! (much to the annoyance of my husband).. I am on the bandwagon, shaking a tamborine and doing a happy dance! :)

2. T Y says:

I concur. Alex S. has the striking viking features worth of Himself!

3. Carol says:

BMM!! Oh. My. God. I NEVER even gave this a thought… until “Herself” (Diana) mentioned at ComicCon that she is catching up on Season 2 of True Blood. She mentioned that she likes ASkars… and I found myself yelling “How about Alexander for Jamie?!” right from my seat. It just popped out! And tonight I googled his name along with “Jamie Fraser” – and YOUR BLOG popped up! :)

• That is too funny that my blog showed up! Ha! Oh, I am very excited that Diana G likes Skarsgard…there’s hope yet! :)

• Lorraine says:

Hey, ladies, I am so glad I am not alone–just found this lovely spot today. Back in October of 09, after I had had such a year of traveling back and forth to hospital for my husband, I wrote Diana to thank her for her books, as they had gotten me through. I put in a ps that I wondered if she had noticed Alexander and left a link. I didn’t hear back–how many thousands of emails must she get?–but I am glad to see that others agree. He even has the insouciant expression in some of his photos, the one I associate with Jamie so often. Well, we can always hope . . .

• Lorraine says:

Sorry, that was 5/10/09, can’t read dates today–not that it matters.

• Hi Lorraine! How nice to hear that the Outlander books helped get you through a tough time, it is amazing how they truly transport you to another place while you’re reading them. As you may have read in the other comments on this post, Diana G mentioned that she liked Skarsgard during ComiCon this year. I think he would be perfect as Jamie Fraser, but I would probably die of excitement if it ever actually came to fruition ;)

4. Molly Ferns says:

Oh my gosh I totally just came across you’re blog from myoutlanderpurgatory.com and this makes me sooo sooo happy because I totally photoshopped this picture to give ASKARS that red hair!! I’m so happy they’re are more and more people joining the ASKARS for Jamie bandwagon!!

5. Rachel says:

If ASkars played Jamie Fraser, I would think I’d died and gone to heaven. Nothing is more perfect than that coupling!!!

6. deltaTN says:

AS for JAMMF!!! Yes indeed!

There are several of us on the Outlander Book Club forum who are huge fans, and we have lots of photos of the delectable Mr. Skarsgard plastered all over the Casting Call thread. Come see!

Please somebody photoshop him in a kilt! [G]

• I really, really want to come hang out at the Outlander Book Club!! Hopefully soon, when I find a good chunk of time, I will be there for sure!
      We need Molly to photoshop him in a kilt! She did such an amazing job with the red hair, I know she could make the kilt work!! I don’t know how many times I’ve googled “Alexander Skarsgard in a kilt” ;)

• deltaTN says:

The last time I googled Alexander Skarsgard, I came upon a magazine I’ve never heard of called, wait for it, OHLALA! Well, there’s a photo of AS from season 3 of True Blood that might rival page 5! LOL He could have posed for it! [G]

• Okay, so you knew I would look it up!! That man’s sexiness knows no bounds…did you see the shower scene photos? I’m fanning myself right now. And I remember that scene from True Blood – he is SO Jamie Fraser!!!!

7. deltaTN says:

Sadly, I don’t even get True Blood on my cable package, but I plan to Netflix all seasons ASAP! Just discoverd AS recently. However….I did see a youtube that did indeed have Alexander totally and mind boggling WET! [G] Is that the scene, I wonder?

Seriously, this beautiful man has the Viking body that Herself described from book 1 – book 7. He has slightly slanted, expressive blue eyes that just dominate his face, has that quirky smile, moves with an athlete’s grace, has the height, has the right overall coloring for redheads. Since his natural hair looks to be a reddish blond to light brown, that’s nothing a little dye couldn’t fix. Also, I can detect no desernible accent from listening to interviews – read that he can do a variety. Oh, the age thing. His thirty something is nothing – he looks much younger IMO, and he has the bone structure to look that way for years to come (unless he needs to age for a role).

How do we contact Mr. Skarsgard’s management – they need to know how soooo right he is for our beloved Jamie!

8. Carol says:

Hi I have photoshopped a pic of Alexander Skarsgard wearing a kilt along with my version of Brianna for anyone interested I have it posted in my Outlander Album on Facebook if you would to see it I can email it to you

Carol

9. Carol says:

my gmail isnt coping to well could you let me know if you recieved my email with the two pics attached

10. Carol says:

I am currently putting the pics together for DIA and I am using Alexander Skarsgard as Jamie and Katherine Heigl as Claire, Deborah Woll as Brianna and Ian Somerhalder as Roger and Gerry Butler as Dougal and once it is done I will be posting on youtube again… oh and among those pics will be a pic of a shirtless Jamie (Alexander) Malcolm McKenzie Fraser …lol

11. Carol says:

Ah yes I am a very big fan of True Blood and it has only been recently that I started to watch The Vampire Diaries and that is where I found Ian Somerhalder he plays the part of Damon but I chose him to be Roger! I don’t exactly know how the Gerry Butler fans are going think of the new video (DIA) hopefully they will enjoy it!

12. brunexa says:

he doesn’t looks like jamie it’s impossible someone be so beautilful like him

13. Carol says:

Whoever they choose to do this movie they are going to have to have two men to play the part of Jamie someone young in the first 2 movies like Outlander and Dragonfly In Amber and then someone older in the Voyager my idea is this since Alexander Skarsgard is young enough to play Jamie in the first two movies and I could see Gerry Butler playing the part of Dougal … Now remember how it was said in the books that Hamish looked so much like Jamie although his father was Dougal that at the time some thought Jamie was Hamish’s da … Now could it be possible that since Jamie looked like Dougal couldn’t Gerry Butler play the role of Jamie from the movie Voyager onwards?

• Oh goodness, I don’t know. I think I might get a little confused unless they used some movie magic/make-up to make him look different enough to be believable as two seperate people. I honestly don’t think they can successfully cram everything in Outlander into a standard 1 1/2-2 hr movie (I think it would work better as a series on HBO or something), but since it is taking SOOOO long to even get the first movie made,it’s possible that Skarsgard will be old enough to play older Jamie by the time Voyager goes into production! ;)

14. Carol says:

Yeh I know what you mean ;) had this conversation with a friend a while ago Lol! With the amount of time that has been wasted on not making this series into movies all of DG fans will be so old and possibly in nursing homes or retirement villages and the movie will finally make it the screen and some love assistant at the home will say Carol Jamie is on at the movies and my response will be… Jamie who dear? ;)

15. Jo Schaffer says:

Oh, yum. It’s hard to find a good looking ginger. This man is fine with the red. (=

16. Rebecca says:

Hace mucho tiempo que soy fan de Diana, y muchas veces me he planteado que de hacerse una pelicula de sus magníficos libros sería muy difícil encontrar al actor que encarne a Jamie, pues parecía que ninguno era suficiente para semejante personaje. Hasta que por casualidad he descubierto a Skarsgard. Creo que estamos en presencia de nuestro potencial Jamie Fraser. Yo también digo “Yes, please!”

17. Jessica says:

You know what’s hilarious? I JUST started reading these, and imagined the EXACT same. Great minds think alike, ye ken?

And thanks for the image. It’s certainly helping improve things. I couldn’t picture the red hair on him either.

• I am so excited for you…you will get lost in the books and have so much fun! Come back anytime you need to squee or rant about the series (I needed to do that a lot, hence why I started this blog) ;)